[mythtv-users] How to patch LIRC for HD-PVR150

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Oct 27 04:02:57 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Jeff Cranmer <jeff at lotussevencars.com> wrote:
>> > Since I'm basically an impatient person, and waiting for gentoo looks
>> > like a long process, can you recommend a good IR transmitter solution
>> > that isn't quite so bleeding-edge, and would work with this Kernel?
>>
>> Anything driven by the mceusb driver.
>>
> So this one, for example, should work nicely?
> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3390588&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&cm_mmc_o=VRqCjC7BBTkwCjCECjCE

Yes, that one works. (I have that same one amongst my collection).

> In theory, it looks like I could use this for both incoming control of
> the Myth box, and outgoing control of the dish receiver.  Am I correct?

Yes.

> Are there any kernel options that I need to configure, or would this
> work without special kernel drivers?

Needs a kernel driver. Prior to 2.6.36, you're looking at building
lirc_mceusb out-of-tree. I'm pretty sure there are Gentoo ebuilds for
the lirc kernel drivers somewhere. (Didn't apply to lirc_zilog, since
it wasn't in the lirc tree itself). In 2.6.36 and later, its driven by
the mceusb driver (which is lirc_mceusb ported to a new in-kernel IR
infrastructure, with backwards compatibility included).

> Is there a good source for channel changer scripts?

The mythtv wiki is full of 'em.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com