[mythtv-users] How to patch LIRC for HD-PVR150

Jeff Cranmer jeff at lotussevencars.com
Tue Oct 26 23:11:39 UTC 2010

> > Hmm - the gentoo guys must be a little behind with their releases.  The
> > latest one in the portage tree is 0.8.7-pre1
> > http://www.gentoo-portage.com/app-misc/lirc
>
> Yeah, just a wee bit behind, pre1 was released in May, pre2 in July, pre3 in August and the actual release in early September. And 0.9.0-pre1 will be out RSN.

Even more behind.  I have a staging area with a bunch of options in it,
but lirc is not one of them.  It looks like the present gentoo kernel
hasn't incorporated the lirc drivers.

> > So, if lirc 0.8.7 won't work with the kernel bits, what is the best
> > solution?  Is downgrading to 0.8.6-r3 an option?
>
> Nope, need to go the other direction. lirc 0.9.0-pre1 will be out Real Soon Now. (Fedora 14 and Ubuntu 10.10 both ship a patched lirc 0.8.7 that also works).

Hmm - so without the lirc 0.9.0 code, I'm SOL with the built-in IR
transmitter of the HDPVR, even if I was able to build in the kernel
options.

Since I'm basically an impatient person, and waiting for gentoo looks
like a long process, can you recommend a good IR transmitter solution
that isn't quite so bleeding-edge, and would work with this Kernel?

Thanks again.

Jeff