Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Tue Oct 26 11:59:20 UTC 2010

On 26/10/2010 04:47, Bill Meek wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 04:26 +0100, Damian wrote:
>> I may look at backing up the database, getting rid of everything and
>> hoping that I can restore the recordings of family footage and my tv
>> work. This system is starting to feel too messed up.
>
> Hold on...
>
> Remember this:
>
>     grep DBPassword /etc/mythtv/config.xml /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt
>
> Edit both files and make the password mythtv.  We can talk about
> the 'why did this happen' later.
>
> Bill Meek

Wow,

I'm back into the system and everything seems to be fine. What the hell
happened?

Now for damage control ...

I assume having a password like 'mythtv' is not a good idea. Is there a
sure fire simple way to change that without breaking anything?

Secondly, when I was poking around in phpmyadmin, I granted lots of
privalages to the mythtv user that weren't there before. My guess is
that's not a good idea either. How can I safely get things back to where
they should be?

So relieved to be functioning again! Thanks for staying with me!!

Damian