[mythtv-users] start myth with alternate sound setup

Kevin Johnson dabears_rule at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 04:59:30 UTC 2010

Hi All.
I am running mythbuntu with Avenard's fixes.
Is it possible to launch mythtv with different sound profiles?
What I want to do is.
A. When I am watching normal tv, have myth output sound over hdmi to my tv.
B. When I watch a movie, have myth output sound to spdif that is connected to my receiver.

Ideally, outputting sound to both would be great, but from what I have found out, so far that is not an option.
So, is it possible to setup myth to lauch with specific sound settings?  If this is possible, then I would set up lirc to launch one for tv and one for movies.
Thanks