[mythtv-users] .23/.24 NFS mounting / Storage Groups

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 18:48:51 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Scott <scott at frak.ms> wrote:
> Are the disks really stressed during commflag? I have a single disk SATA 7200 RPM drive that records 3 HD streams from a HDHR while doing commflag at the same time. Disk IO has never been a bottleneck on the system.

This is because the OS using RAM to cache the disk access during the
"realtime flagging" process. I've run 6 at a time, and the only
physical disk access is the 6 streams worth of writes.

Force your flagging jobs to wait until the recording is done, then
watch your disk THRASH while the flagger tries at full CPU speed to
flag the 3 files.. :)