[mythtv-users] Need help with lirc to control vlc

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 14:12:40 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 5:47 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> Cue hysterical laughter. You actually plan to /do an upgrade/ over the one
> period when there are extra programs to record and everyone will be wanting
> to watch something?
>
> If I tried something like that my body would probably be found around
> Easter...

Fortunately,
    A) there's only the two of us now that the others have grown and moved away,
    B) the other half sleeps sometimes ;-), and
    C) I do the upgrades/new installs on a cloned O/S disk in the
system so all I have to do to revert is swap the hard drive data cable
from one to the other.

It's not too bad and great insurance against problems that almost
_always_ seem to crop up.

Also, FWIW, I've kinda settled on the MythBuntu package and that seems
to be the one having problems with IR. Sigh... Maybe I should try
MythDora again.

Craig.