[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 10.10 upgrade broke VDPAU

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Mon Oct 25 11:21:40 UTC 2010

On 25/10/2010, at 7:42 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> The VDPAU generic libraries are found in the package libvdpau1
>
> Normally mythtv should have dependencies on that package.
>

>> /usr/share/doc/nvidia-185-libvdpau/changelog.Debian.gz
>> /usr/share/doc/nvidia-185-libvdpau/copyright
>>
>> It says it's a "transitional" package and can be "removed after the installation is complete."
>
> before (and including) nvidia 185.xx ; the VDPAU libraries used to be
> found with the nvidia drivers ; not anymore.

Thanks for clarifying that. I have purged libvdpau1 and nvidia-current which had the effect of removing mythtv. I then installed nvidia-current, libvdpau1 and mythtv. Unfortunately there was no change in behaviour.

Then I re-ran the Nvidia install script. Still no good. dmesg gives me this and X fails to start.

[   34.690212] NVRM: API mismatch: the client has the version 260.19.12, but
[   34.690216] NVRM: this kernel module has the version 260.19.06.  Please
[   34.690217] NVRM: make sure that this kernel module and all NVIDIA driver
[   34.690218] NVRM: components have the same version.

So then I removed and reinstalled nvidia-current again, which at least gets me back to a sans-vdpau working frontend.

lsmod shows that the nvidia module is loaded (and the nouveau module isn't.)

Any more ideas?

Cheers,

Jon