[mythtv-users] Need help with lirc to control vlc

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Oct 25 03:52:46 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for the input Robert.
>>
>> I had been planning to hold off on upgrading to 0.24 due to all the
>> traffic about IR control problems that have cropped up.  I figured to
>> let things get sorted out and deal with the conversion over the
>> Christmas-New Year holiday break.
>
> I'm not sure what you're referring to here-- sounds like a distro
> thing, not a Myth thing?  We have no IR bugs open.

The only IR issues I'm aware of are completely unrelated to MythTV
itself. And the bulk of the issues are users upgrading their distros
and being surprised when something (IR) works differently than it did
before. I have more than 20 different IR devices here. They all work
perfectly fine(*), regardless of MythTV version. They just don't work
exactly like they did in older kernels that didn't have IR drivers
already in tree.

(*) Except for the two for which I still have to write drivers, but
they never worked before anyway

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com