[mythtv-users] Channel Changer script no longer works

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 25 03:43:24 UTC 2010

  On 10/24/2010 09:20 PM, Nasa wrote:
> I have been using SA3250 channel changing script for my firewire connection for several years.
> This has worked flawlessly, even though I am using SVN.  Tonight I noticed it had stopped working
> and am trying to figure out why.  While channel changing doesn't work, I am still able to capture
> video over firewire...
>
> I first checked SVN to see if there were any updates to the script -- and noticed those directories
> have been removed.  Is this now being placed on the wiki? (Thought I read that somewhere)
>
> Outside of that, firewire_primer and firewire_tester both report connections being setup properly.
> So I am at a lost of where to look,
>
> Any ideas?

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Firewire_Priming_Scripts
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Channel_Change_Scripts

Check the wiki history for the page of any particular script you choose
to use--being careful to look for anything suspicious (which would be a
lot easier if users editing those pages would actually include
comment/summary info).

Also, if anyone is interested in managing any of these (and/or other)
scripts that are now on the wiki, feel free to start up a Google
Code/Sourceforge/Gitorious/... project for it and/or set up a team and
then discuss the where/how with the team.

Mike