[mythtv-users] How to patch LIRC for HD-PVR150

Jeff Cranmer jeff at lotussevencars.com
Mon Oct 25 00:22:19 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I now have the HD-PVR 150 successfully recording programs, but I have to
separately set up the Satellite box and the record settings within
MythTV, so the obvious next step is to get the built-in IR blaster
working.

I used the PC-based configuration utility to set up the IR blaster and I
know that I can control the Dish box from the PC using that
configuration in Windows.

I'm not sure if the Hauppauge remote control unit that came with the box
is useful for anything.  It doesn't seem to do anything even after
configuring the IR blaster using the PC software, so I'm going to ignore
that for now.

I found a couple of links related to configuring the IR remote.

This link indicates that the LIRC program that is current does not have
necessary code for the HD-PVR, so I need to apply a patch.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_HD-PVR#Possible_Countermeasures

The version of lirc I have installed at the moment is lirc-0.8.7_pre1,
with LIRC_DEVICES="hauppauge" and every USE flag but "debug" turned on

I also found this thread at
http://www.gossamerthreads.com/lists/mythtv/users/445141
which makes the original patch link invalid, since I'm presently running
2.6.34-gentoo-r6 kernel.

My question is, I could lirc_zilog.c from
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jarod/linux-2.6-lirc.git;a=tree;f=drivers/staging/lirc;hb=HEAD and copy over the file in the original zipfile quoted in the patch above, but this would probably be mixing revisions too much.  Is there a more recent version of this package that I can download from somewhere?

Thanks

Jeff