[mythtv-users] Ion/ion 2 + HD audio in .24

GZ gzornetzer.lists at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 07:03:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 9:30 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> Newer nvidia GPU (220GT and newer) supports E-AC3 and DTS-HD
> passthrough. Which myth doesn't support anyway.
>
> Hi Jean-Yves,
Are you sure about the DTS-HD support on the GT220?  The reviews that I saw
indicated that the GT220 only supports 8 channel LPCM over HDMI and none of
the bit-perfect codecs  (TrueHD and DTS-HD MA).  On windows, the recent
400-series support bit-perfect codecs.  AFAIK, there is no driver support in
Linux for streaming TrueHD or DTS-HD over HDMI, so the matter is academic.
-Greg