[mythtv-users] DisplaySize = Full ?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 06:15:58 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 6:59 PM, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:
>> 2 cards, that's the missing part of the question!
>
> There's only one card in the system for video output which is the nvidia.
> I use a scan converter on the VGA side and the card has an HDMI port.
> On the vga side, there's not much requirement other than setting it to what ever standard composite is usually set to.
> When using the HDMI port, I may sometimes want to switch between resolutions.

sorry i misread your last post, one card two outputs, gotcha. Comes of
trying to cook at the same time, kick the dog out of the kitchen and
converse with an 11 year old dyspraxic whilst listening to my in house
jazz singer emulate tom waits.

>> With two cards you can have two resolutions for sure. You will have
>> two frontends runnig of course. One card with two outputs is more
>> tricky and depends on the card.
>
> I won't have two cards, can't anyhow, not enough slots in the box I'm using.

Have you read the nvidia readme?

Heres the start of Chapter 15 on mine:

Chapter 15. Configuring Multiple X Screens on One Card

GPUs that support TwinView (Chapter 13) can also be configured to treat each
connected display device as a separate X screen.

While there are several disadvantages to this approach as compared to TwinView
(e.g.: windows cannot be dragged between X screens, hardware accelerated
OpenGL cannot span the two X screens), it does offer several advantages over
TwinView:

   o If each display device is a separate X screen, then properties that may
     vary between X screens may vary between displays (e.g.: depth, root
     window size, etc).

   o Hardware that can only be used on one display at a time (e.g.: video
     overlays, hardware accelerated RGB overlays), and which consequently
     cannot be used at all when in TwinView, can be exposed on the first X
     screen when each display is a separate X screen.

The readme should be included in the packaging by your distro for the
nvidia drivers.