[mythtv-users] Live TV problem

Yuri Shirman yshirman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 21:25:13 UTC 2010

Hi All,
I did not get answers before, but since I got some more info, I'll try again.
My original message is included for reference below.
But briefly: when watching Live TV and program is changing, I am kicked out
back to the main menu and get a message
"Error opening jump program file buffer".

It was rather inconvenient and I remembered that I had no such problem in my
original installation, so I tried a couple of clean installs and noticed the
following:
Mythdora 12.13 with all the updates works.
If I upgrade it to Fedora 13 the problem comes back.
The problem exists on a clean Fedora 13 install.
The problem exists on a clean Mythbuntu 10.10 install.

Hope someone will be interested this time and will be able to give me help in
fixing it (I can live with Mythdora 12.23 but eventually it may be useful for
other reasons to go to the latest version of the software).

Thanks,
Yuri