[mythtv-users] DisplaySize = Full ?

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Sat Oct 23 06:11:17 UTC 2010

> I am not sure what you are asking, are you wanting to switch between
> composite out and hdmi out from your computer?

Yes, I need to have both composite and HDMI to switch between. When watching on SD TV's, I need composite, when watching on HDTV, I need HDMI so want to be able to switch between them.

I have the front end set to Full but am wondering if there will be a way of switching without having to go into settings all the time. I believe I read that this is possible.

> However, if you are wanting to use composite it will probably be best
> run at close to NTSC size, which is effectively means running at
> 640x480or 800x600.

That's what I was wondering about, the actual pixel sizes for the different TV's.
So, 640x480 standard screen size for composite. I thought it was something else.

That's mainly what I was looking for, thanks.

Mike