[mythtv-users] Extra minute padding in schedule from provider causes conflicts that aren't really

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Fri Oct 22 21:42:22 UTC 2010

Hello all,

In my SchedulesDirect listings, it seems that "Cash Cab" on Discovery is
always reported as beginning at one minute before the half-hour, and ending
at one minute after the half-hour -- even when multiple episodes are shown
consecutively.

For example, two episodes today are listed as showing from 15:29-16:01 and
15:59-16:31 on the same channel (obviously impossible).  MythTV marks both
as conflicting and records neither, despite having an available card and no
other prioritized shows to record.  It also refuses to schedule the latter
showing, understandably I suppose, due to another show on another channel
(at the same priority) scheduled at 17:00.

Using MythWeb, I've adjusted the recording schedule to start -1 minutes
early and end -1 minutes late, but this seems intuitively "wrong" and not
really effective.  In particular, the 17:00 "conflict" remains, when in
reality there is not a conflict at all.

Is there anything I can do here?

Thanks for any help!
EW