[mythtv-users] Problem with Ubuntu upgrade

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 12:03:26 UTC 2010

On 22/10/2010 03:17, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 19:05:41 -0500
> From: Greg Oliver<oliver.greg at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Problem with Ubuntu upgrade
> To:myth at surr.co.uk
> Cc: Discussion about MythTV<mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

>> >  Thanks for that Greg,
>> >
>> >  In phpmyadmin, I have entered the mythtv password everywhere that I can
>> >  enter it relating to the mythtv@% user (ie, reset the password to the one I
>> >  know was right before the upgrade) and granted all access. I have also added
>> >  mythconverg specific privileges specifically and granted all access.
>> >
>> >  Do I have to add Table-specific privileges?
>> >
>> >  mysql -u mythtv -p -h MythBox mythconverg
>> >
>> >  still wont let me in.
>> >
>> >  Anything else I can try?

> I'm not very familiar with phpmyadmin.  It probably did not do a flush
> privileges since you just pasted the password in, so...
The output of each command follows the command in a line starting **
> mysql -u root -p mythconverg
> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"%" identified by "mythtv";
** Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.03 sec)
> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"localhost" identified by "mythtv";
** Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
> flush privileges;
** Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
> use mysql;
** Reading table information for completion of table and column names

Database changed
> update user set Password=PASSWORD('mythtv') WHERE user='mythtv';
> flush privileges;
**
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)
Rows matched: 2  Changed: 0  Warnings: 0
> \q
>
> That should do it..  You can try to just 'flush privileges' first to
> make it use the changes made in phpmyadmin regarding the password..
> Either way, if that still does not work, in /etc/my.conf (changes per
> distro), mythtv may be setup to only listen on localhost.  I believe
> it ships that way, but mythtv distros enable the network if you
> specify more than one machine.  I'm not 100% sure what yours is set to
> though..
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-6.html   has good info.
> -Greg

I've not looked at my.conf yet. Need to leave my machine not but that
will be the first thing I do when I get back.

Thanks for helping Greg.

Damian