[mythtv-users] wintv pvrusb2 drivers/firmware problem

Jim Peters jiminycricket180 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 17:13:19 UTC 2010

I have 4 of these tuners, 3 of them are the 24xx series and 1 is a 29xx
series, at one time they all worked great and I am not sure what happened to
cause this but at some point the 29xx tuner started outputting black and white
video. At first I suspected a hardware failure and thought maybe it was in the
analog tuner part of the card so I switched it over to using the composite
side but this didn't help. As a last resort to chalking it up as a failed
piece of hardware I tried it on a windows machine and it works fine there so I
am under the impression that this must be a driver/firmware issue. Since my
other 3 tuners don't have a problem I assume that there must be some part of
the driver/firmware that only affects the 29xx series cards and the problem lies
within this, I have no idea where to look for a solution, any help would be
appreciated.