[mythtv-users] Subtitle then Description duplication check giving surprising results

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 01:32:17 UTC 2010

On 20 October 2010 16:45, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

> The /only/ thing I can think of which was different (apart from actually
> running from the command line, that is, which is going to possibly introduce
> environment issues) is that the temp files I created were in /home/mythtv
> rather than /tmp. I wouldn't think that should be an issue.

Could it be $HOME related? Does the Mandriva init script set a valid
home for the mythbackend daemon?

> I'll see what happens to the default run tomorrow in case it was some kind
> of data issue which has now resolved itself.

If it still causes problems, a quick resolution could be to add a cron
entry for the grabber/mythfilldatabase. Listings are available as I
wite this, and I notice they were updated this morning after 0900
rather than the normal 0545.

I've checked the XMLTV Makefile on Fedora and Debian after specifying
a /usr/ prefix, and it gets set correctly in the Makefile on both
distros. When you do have a spare moment (it's not urgent) might you
be able to send me a copy of the generated Makefile after you've run:

$ perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/usr/

so that I can compare it.

Cheers,
Nick