[mythtv-users] More Cheap Remotes

blake dsblakewatson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 01:08:55 UTC 2010

Speaking of cheap remotes, I bought this one:

http://www.buy.com/prod/mce-remote-control-black-mouse-emulating-capability-with-backlight-49/q/loc/101/216431214.html

Less because it was cheap and more because it was backlit. It says it's an
MCE remote aaand well it almost works. Well, no, it works for changing
channel and adjusting volume. I have to use the power button for what I'd
normally use "stop" for (going up a level or stopping a playback or
whatever).

Directly across from the power button is the standby button, which also
works, but only one way--putting the machine to sleep. Those are the only
buttons that work with Mythbuntu's MCE remote setting.

I know all this stuff can be programmed, but I'm not sure how. Am I down to
tweaking cfg files? Is there an app for building the files. (If not, should
there be?)

===Blake===