[mythtv-users] Cheap Remote and blaster

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Oct 20 20:56:53 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, October 20, 2010 01:48:25 pm Jarod Wilson wrote:

> Also note: this isn't the first-gen transceiver, it just has the same
> exterior housing. The first-gen one has a Microsoft device ID (and reports
> as such in dmesg output, where the above is reporting Philips). So that's
> probably a plus, given the first-gen one is slightly quirky, and may or
> may not support transmit at all frequencies...

So it was made in China for Phillips to be sold by HP for use with a Compaq machine using a Microsoft operating system.

I guess this is "globalization".

I call it "too many fingers in the pie", each adding to the cost.

And they finally wound up at a surplus reseller, at a reasonable price.

Sometimes it actually works out.