[mythtv-users] v4l Drivers

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 19:12:29 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 1:55 PM, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:
>> try `aplay -D ALSA:front:CARD=Audio,DEV=0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Left.wav`
>
> # aplay -D ALSA:front:CARD=Audio,DEV=0 Front_Left.wav
> ALSA lib pcm.c:2211:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM ALSA:front:CARD=Audio,DEV=0
> aplay: main:654: audio open error: No such file or directory
>
> Nope, still missing something.

This post has good info on making a .asoundrc

I have not seen a card show up as "front" before like that, but I
assume it is default..  Never used USB sound, but know it will work
since you can hear from it.  Just need to nail down exactly what alsa
calls it and setup the pcm device I guess (like in the post)..  Make
sure the user that mythtv runs as is the directory it goes in.  And
you will need to restart mythfrontend for sure (maybe log out and back
in as the user as well.  I cannot remember exactly when creating
those.

>>oh - and you need to make sure DTS and DD are not checked and Stereo
>>is selected since you are using analog.
>
> I don't see those options in the front end. In the front end, I do have Stereo selected.

OK, you're setup properly there then.  Can you make sure the video you
are trying to play in myth is stereo only as well.