[mythtv-users] [UK] YouView/Project Canvas

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 18:51:44 UTC 2010

On 19 October 2010 10:06, Steve Daniels <steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Soo.... I've got an ageing MythTV setup running at my parents house
> and I'm getting married and moving out in a week or so.

Congratulations :)

> Do I want to go to the effort of setting up a MythTV system in the new
> house, and maintaining my parents setup.
>
> OR
>
> Do I put up with just Freeview/iPlayer and hang fire and wait for
> YouView [1] mid 2011. Or do I bite the bullet?
>
> I only really used MythTV for recording and playback of Freeview.

A simple cost-benefit analysis question: do you get _enough_ benefit
out of the features of MythTV to make it a worthwhile investment of
time and money? Do you need to be able to record/timeshift TV on more
than 2 tuners and/or make use of multirec? Do you want to be able to
watch content wherever you are in the house? Do you want timestretch
available for playback?

I also have it on good authority that the pitter-patter of tiny feet
can make a Mythbox really come into its own :)

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott