[mythtv-users] v4l Drivers

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Tue Oct 19 12:02:55 UTC 2010

> Try just "make" then "sudo make install".
>
> Also, I didn't see anything on any of the wiki pages indicating that a
> driver newer than what's in the most recent kernel is needed to get
> audio working.  Are you sure you need to build the very latest drivers
> (which may not be any newer than what's in 2.6.35)?

That's correct, I don't know if I do or not and is why I wanted to post since the box is working for the most part so don't want to break it now.
I'm not clear on whether I should install new drivers or if there is another fix.
I've come across the unload/load driver method but it's difficult to tell what's been fixed at this point and perhaps there is another way to fix the audio.

> If I recall from one of your other threads, you were having an audio
> output problem, you were getting audio out of the analog stereo jacks on
> the back of the computer, but nothing over HDMI.  Is that correct?

I believe that was someone else, I'm not using the HDMI port at the moment.