[mythtv-users] BBC One HD to start in test at least on 3rd November.

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 11:14:03 UTC 2010

On 19 October 2010 11:49, Andre <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:

I was over simplifying sorry, the loop through is actually a linux stb, for
> reasons I won't go into on this list... The cards (Nova S+) are split but
> some of the older kworld and Tevii cards have loopthough.

OK..I currently have an ageing single backend PC with just one Nova-S2 and
am most likely going to add a second when funds permit. The possibility of
sharing a single LNB feed sounded interesting, but then I may just 'bite the
bullet' and go crawling around in my underfloor space and run another cable
over to my quad LNB which still has one port free. I also have a Hauppauge
DVB-T card (I forget the model) that is currently unused as we have no
aerial, so while I'm down there in the dark and the dirt I may run yet
another cable outside and get an aerial fitted.
I record mostly SD but just the odd HD programme (we're not into 52" TVs!)
to an external NAS disk. If I ever get an opportunity to spend some more
money I wand to build a 'decent' new backend server with multiple disks.
Hope that's of interest!
George