[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Recordings Randomly Breaking

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Tue Oct 19 01:02:19 UTC 2010

>> It sounds like others are having this issue. Can anyone shed any light on
>> what's causing the failed recordings?

Have you ever gotten any farther? I am experiencing roughly the same
symptom. But
I have a few wrinkles on the problem space. I am running 0.22 from the gentoo
ebuild and I have an HVR-1600 as well as an HDHR. Neither can tune two sets of
channels anymore to record. All of the same channels can be tuned
during "Watch TV"
using either the HDHR or the HVR-1600. The channels I cannot tune anymore
are the KNBC digital stations and the KCET digital stations. I use QAM
over Charter.
Charter packs both sets of those channels over the same frequency according to
the silicondust website channel support pages.

I have just enabled record in the backend log. And will continue to
try to dig. But
if anyone has solved the problem, let me know.

I am happy to upgrade to 0.23.1 to fix the problem. But it seems pretty clear
that this may not help.

Thanks

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org