[mythtv-users] VGA verses HDMI

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 21:06:55 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 2:03 PM, aaron <memoryguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an older Samsung, a 4069F. I rather like the "120Hz" feature...
> when it works. But I was disappointed to find that it is disabled on
> the VGA input, which is how I have my box connected (my 440MX doesn't
> have HDMI output). Since Myth is almost the only thing I use on the TV
> it kind of makes for a wasted feature.

Do you have a DVI output?  That is how I connected my mythbox to my tv
(DVI->HDMI cable).  They are fairly cheap on monoprice.com (under $5)
assuming you live in the US (and no, I don't have any sort of
financial benefit from them aside from the fact I purchase all my
cables there due to them being costing 10-50% what I would pay
elsewhere).