[mythtv-users] MythPodcaster Errors When Transcoding (Ubuntu 10.10) (SOLVED)

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 13:55:43 UTC 2010

  On 18/10/10 07:27, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 11:09 PM, Dave Pearson<lists at the-pearsons.co.uk>  wrote:
>>   On 16/10/10 16:40, Dave Pearson wrote:
>>>   Just before upgrading to Ubuntu 10.10 I set up MythPodcaster and had it
>>> transcode one TV Program for me. I have now upgraded and I cannot get it to
>>> transcode any programs at all. I'm sure it's probably a simple thing, like
>>> the wrong version of ffmpeg or missing an ffmpeg codec, but I've searched on
>>> google nad failed to find a solution to this problem (I'm sure I can't be
>>> the only one suffering!).
> Doesn't mythpodcaster have their own mailing list that would likely
> get you better and faster support?  It's not part of MythTV...
I didn't look for one before posting as I felt that, since it is
something that only mythtv users are going to be using, this would be
the most likely place to find help.

Following your post, I did have a quick look for a mythpodcaster mailing
list, but I couldn't find any obvious pointers to one.

Anyway, having said that I have found a solution to my problem, which
hopefully will help others.

I simply recompiled and installed a version of ffmpeg with libfaac (and
qt-faststart) support by following the instructions available here:-

After that mythpodcaster is now working correctly.

Regards,
Dave.