[mythtv-users] How can I run a user job instead of mythtranscode?

D. R. Newman d.r.newman at e-consultation.org
Sun Oct 17 16:06:12 UTC 2010

I have a perl script that remuxes MPEG2 recordings from my DVB-T card.
It runs ProjectX and then mplex to fix errors, sync the file, and
sometimes split programmes from adverts (when the aspect ratio changes).

As I am running out of user job slots, I would like to run my script in
place of mythtranscode. So in MythTV setup I replaced 'mythtranscode'
with 'perl /var/myth/temp/projXtranscode.pl'

It runs fine from the command line, but fails whenever MythTV tries to
schedule it from the job queue. The failure is at the start, a few
milliseconds in, long before ProjectX starts up.

What do I need to do to get my script to run in the place of
mythtranscode? I have, of course, got it to read the arguments passed to
mythtranscode.