[mythtv-users] Two tuner sticks unstable together - need help

Sven Bretfeld sven.bretfeld at gmx.ch
Sun Oct 17 14:29:34 UTC 2010

Hi Greg

Greg <greg12866 at nycap.rr.com> writes:

>     If you have a period of time when you don't have any recordings
> scheduled,why not back up your Database then drop and create a new
> one? If you then are still having problems, at least you will know it
> isn't your DB... I know it would be a painful experience,but it would
> eliminate the DB as the cause..
>   I had a problem with my HD-PVR loosing connection a few months
> ago,all the testing I had done and all the information I had read said
> my DB was not corrupt... I dropped it and recreated it and the problem
> went away.. It's worth the effort...

I think you are right. But I will add one step before I do that. I
think, since the software doesn't give any hints on the problem, that a
hardware defect is the most plausible possibility. Possibly the second
usb stick causes the problem. I have found a thread of a myth-user who
had quite the same symptoms, unfortunately the thread ended after one
answer that a hardware defect must be the cause. Today, I have ordered a
new device from Amazon of the same type as my first stick. The 25 Euro
are not a too great sacrifice, even if that turns out not being the
problem. Then at least, I have three inputs to go on with.

Thanks for all your help

Sven