[mythtv-users] Two tuner sticks unstable together - need help

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 04:40:04 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 23:49 +0200, Sven Bretfeld

Hi Sven;

You might get more information running mythbackend
with the --verbose important,general,record levels
if you already haven't.

Since the error messages you posted relate to the
database table 'inuseprograms', you might also add
,database to the --verbose levels, although you'll
get a LOT of output.

Any chance that by changing the 2 cards around that
you've ended up with a corrupt database entry?

For example, in mythtv-setup -> Capture Cards
I'll assume the type is DVB and the 2 devices
match previous posts, as in:

 /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 and
 /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0

Since I don't have either of your cards, this
is a guess based on my DVB cards --- on the
Recording Options page, is Max recordings set
to 1?  It always starts with 2 for my cards and
I have to set it to 1 manually.

I see that the channel id in the last post was
18411. If that is source 18 channel 41-1, then
I'd suggest reviewing:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/260095#260095

Which, in short, says delete all capture cards, sources and
connections. Then re-enter them. I've done that as recently
as last week (but for a different problem than yours.)

Last idea: If none of the above help and you're comfortable
using mysql, you could try 'select * from inuseprograms;' to
see if there are any entries. Stop mythfrontend and
mythbackend first.

Take care,

Bill Meek