[mythtv-users] Report: Watch out! UB435-Q V2 is NOT the same as UB435-Q

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Oct 15 22:07:29 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM, Steven Willoughby <mythtv at thesteve.org> wrote:
> Hello Mr. Wilson,
>
>    Sorry for breaking the thread, I am new to the list as I just received my
> V2 today.
>
>    I have applied your patch [1] against the v4l-dvb source tree [2] but it
> doesn't seem to work.  I get the following in dmesg:
>
>  em28xx video device (1b80:e346): interface 0, class 255 found.
>  em28xx This is an anciliary interface not used by the driver
>  usbcore: registered new interface driver em28xx
>  em28xx driver loaded
>
>    It is quite possible that I am not testing it right.  I'm new to mythtv.
>  I have tried using mplayer and tvtime but there isn't a /dev/video* device.

Nah, I'd expect to see way more spew than that if the stick was
properly brought up, and the 'ancillary' stuff is unexpected. Means
the quick hack patch isn't enough to get it working. Someone with the
stick is going to have to experiment. Or they could guilt me into
working on it by sending me a stick too (though I'm already backlogged
with other hardware I really ought to be working on first...). ;)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com