[mythtv-users] Subtitle then Description duplication check giving surprising results

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 09:28:08 UTC 2010

Nick,

> If a subtitle is provided, duplicates are matched using only the
> subtitle, otherwise the description is used.

Well that explains my problem.  Every episode has the same subtitle.

> Sub-then-desc is what I've defaulted all new recording rules to for
> quite some time now when using XMLTV/tv_grab_uk_rt data.

Me too,  until recently.  It looks like, from your other post, that an
xmltv upgrade will restore things (by removing the subtitle data).

That episode number in the new xmltv version you quoted

<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">9.5/12.</episode-num>

 looks like "Series 9 episode 5 of 12" , but the data I was gettting
from the [removed] subtitle field said "Series 10".  Is that a bug or
am I misreading something?

Thanks for your reply

David