[mythtv-users] Why is remote sluggish compared to keyboard

Terjesen Jens Peder Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Fri Oct 15 08:33:19 UTC 2010

Michelle Dupuis wrote:

I've been using mythtv for years, first with keyboard then adding remotes.

When using the keyboard the response from myth is snappy (immediate), responding to UP/DOWN/Select etc.

When using a remote, I have to pause 1/2 second between remote clicks or myth will ignore them (or not see them).

Is this normal?  How would I fix this?

Thanks!

A while back I had the same problem with the remote connected to my HVR-4000.
I tried to adjust repeat limits and other parameters in lirc but nothing worked.

By chance I saw that lirc registered key-releases instead of key-presses.
I then found correct configfiles and it started working as it should.

Jens