[mythtv-users] Two tuner sticks unstable together - need help

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 19:32:31 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 21:06 +0200, Sven Bretfeld wrote:
> Now it get rough. I'm not really familiar with those things. After
> reading a little about udev I at least found out that each stick always
> has the same device name after each reboot. The Avermedia is always
> /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0, the Hauppauge is always
> /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0.

Hi;

Try this (assumes you don't have files named h and/or a:)

udevadm info -a -p $(udevadm info -q path -n /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0) > h
udevadm info -a -p $(udevadm info -q path -n /dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0) > a
diff h a

I've just been reading:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Device_Filenames_and_udev  which seems
to have some good examples.