[mythtv-users] Cheap IR Blaster

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Oct 14 15:25:09 UTC 2010

On Thursday, October 14, 2010 09:06:37 am Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Oct 14, 2010, at 10:22 AM, Brian Wood wrote:
> > On Thursday, October 14, 2010 08:12:46 am Raymond Norton wrote:
> >> That would be key, that it works with Myth. Can anyone confirm it does?
> >
> > I only know it says:
> >
> > "Compatible with Microsoft XP Media Center Edition Software".
> >
> > This *might* imply it is the same as the MCE stuff, but that might only
> > be with some sort of custom driver for Windows.
> >
> > If anyone knows more I'm sure we'd all like to hear it.
>
> That transceiver looks identical to one of the ones in my collection -- its
> the first-gen transceiver with the MS device ID, but its fully supported
> these days, RX and TX.

Thanks, I'm sure you have an extensive collection.

Just hope some no-name outfit didn't buy up a bunch of old plastic cases and stuff any old junk into them.

But it does seem like a reasonable bet that it will work.

The Geeks seem to get a lot of older HP stuff, often with the trademarks obliterated, but it usually works.

At least I know they have a reasonable return policy.