[mythtv-users] PXE booting a mythdora install

Jack Lockard jacklockard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 02:17:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Brent Norris <brent at brentnorris.net> wrote:

> On 10/13/2010 10:44 AM, Roy Lofthouse wrote:
>
>> curious as to what it is you don't like, I've used it for quite a few
>> years and find it great (recently converted to PXE from CF as well).
>>

> Also there are some things that won't work on it, like the new mythstream
> (it isn't mythstream, but I can't think of the right name).
>

> You may be thinking of mythnetvision.  According to this thread,
http://www.minimyth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2613&start=0
Minimyth can't include any feature that uses Python (mythnetvision,
mythvideo metadata grabbers...there may be others).  The short of it is that
Minimyth is cross compiled, and python can't be cross compiled.

That being said, everything else has worked "out of the box" for me PXE
booting minimyth on my Zotac ion.

I would love to hear if anyone has a complete PXE solution.  I struggled for
a few weekends to finally get PXE booting working with mythbuntu 9.10, only
to have many things break on the first upgrade.