[mythtv-users] How MANY backend threads!?!?!?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 23:02:55 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Josh White <jaw1959 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does that mean that now would be a bad time to buy/deploy a bunch of ion
> based systems for Myth?

In my opinion an ION is fine for the near future as it has decent GL
performance (which may soon become very relevant) and with the usual
caveats that a) you not expect the backend to run without limitations
and b) you know that any video decode not supported by VDPAU will fall
flat on its face.

But of course, those caveats will be argued by the usual "I bought one
so it MUST be okay" crowd ;)

Robert