[mythtv-users] How MANY backend threads!?!?!? ***** AUTO-REPLY *****

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 22:11:52 UTC 2010

This list really has changed. 3 years ago when i first started using
myth people were glad to help each other out. Esoteric hardware was
seen as a challenge. Stupid remarks like that were not seen.
Yes I know my hardware is a bit long in the tooth. I'm not that daft.
So what? I'm trying to keep this old hardware going and save some
landfill. Quite frankly if a p3 is not fast enough for sd then myth is
getting too fat. Perhaps i should look to microsoft for something
leaner?

Anyone got any sensible suggestions to debug and tweak the system?

On 10/13/10, Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Steve Smith <st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com> wrote:
>> With 0.23 I'm getting much higher CPU usage when recording (avg 30-40%
>> on my P3 900Mhz, previously about 10-20% on 0.21).
>> This means I can't do "chase play" which I used to be able to do.
>>
>> I've done a ps -eLf and can see 32 yes 32 backend threads....
>>
>> Is this normal? Can it be reduced to get the CPU usage down a bit?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Steve
>
> *** FOLLOWING MESSAGE HAS BEEN AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED ***
>
> The recipient of this message is not available and/or is out of the
> office, but the content of this message has been parsed heuristically
> and found to match criteria in our database.
>
> This message serves as a warning not to upgrade your MythTV DVR (tm)
> beyond the current release.  Based on the natural language parsing
> performed by MythLanguage(tm), your hardware appears to have been
> manufactured before the discovery of fire.  System date is currently
> 10/13/2010.  This is a friendly reminder that modern software cannot
> run perpetually on ancient hardware.
>
> Yours,
>
> MythLanguage(tm)

Sent from my mobile device