[mythtv-users] Mythvideo (metadata)

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 20:28:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:

>> This is output from old python bindings.  Current bindings and
>> metadata scripts output XML, and MythVideo will detect no results
>> without properly installed bindings.  As I mentioned earlier in this
>> thread, this appears to be a pervasive issue with Ubuntu and
>> Ubuntu-derived packages.  I believe this issue is caused by having
>> both an old and a current copy of the bindings installed on the
>> system, the older being picked up first.
>>

> The latest mythbuntu did not install either of the grabbers - I
> grabbed them both from cvs..  It also does not have the mythpython
> file mentioned.  Using the grabbers from cvs appears to work although
> it is my test system, so not as much use..
>
> -Greg

That sounds distinct from his issue, but not using mythbuntu I can't
know for sure-- The issue above appears to be old bindings installed,
since the formatting of the data is in the bindings, the scripts are
just a stub to handle the argument passing, etc.

Long story short, the ubuntu packages appear to have some brokenness
related to the bindings that is not present when you compile and
install trunk from source.  From discussions with the Mythbuntu folks
it sounds like they don't have a bug open on this, so any of you are
welcome to open one and help them fix it.

Robert