[mythtv-users] Mythvideo (metadata)

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 20:02:55 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 12:57 PM, Jos Hoekstra <joshoekstra at gmx.net> wrote:
>  Op 11-10-2010 15:50, Tom Gerrard schreef:
>>>
>>> My metadata downloads have stopped working for some reason. I have been
>>> running trunk for several years, and have always been able to work out my
>>> problems,but this one has me stumped..
>>>  I started noticing that some rips I did of the TV series The Unit
>>> wouldn't
>>> work and the frontend log showed that no results were found.. I naming
>>> scheme The Unit s01e01.mkv
>>> 2010-10-09 16:39:03.687 Running Grabber:
>>> /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -M The Unit
>>> 2010-10-09 16:39:04.438 No results found for The Unit 1 1
>>
>> For what it's worth I seem to have the same problem, after updating
>> from the JYA trunk repo to the mythbuntu nightly trunk builds a few
>> days ago (to fix the generation of screenshots on recordings).  The
>> command written to the log does work correctly when run by hand,
>> however a LAN trace does not show it accessing the internet when I hit
>> the 'W' key.  I had a quick browse through the code and can't see any
>> way of troubleshooting further without modifying metadatadownload.cpp
>> &  compiling from source.
>>
>> My software versions are the same as yours, did you have any luck fixing
>> it?
>>
>> Tom
>
> Got the exact same problem using the last trunk-build here, there doesn't
> seem to be a file at the location specified so I downloaded tmdb.py which
> seems to work in it self but not when called form mythfrontend.
>
> Using it via frontend gives this:
> 2010-10-11 16:45:15.155 Running Grabber:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb.py -l nl -M spider
> 2010-10-11 16:45:16.582 No results found for spider 0 0
>
> Manually:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb.py -l nl -M spider
> 9613:Spider (2002)
> 40039:Spiders (2000)
> and so on....

This is output from old python bindings.  Current bindings and
metadata scripts output XML, and MythVideo will detect no results
without properly installed bindings.  As I mentioned earlier in this
thread, this appears to be a pervasive issue with Ubuntu and
Ubuntu-derived packages.  I believe this issue is caused by having
both an old and a current copy of the bindings installed on the
system, the older being picked up first.

Robert