[mythtv-users] HDPVR + Firewire in a Group?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 18:48:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Mark Hutchinson <markhsa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> So I just got around to getting my HDPVR set with a firmware and
>> connected and tested on my backend. Now I'd like to integrate it into
>> the system.
>> Right now I have two Motorola DCT6200 boxen capturing over firewire
>> for the channels in the clear. I'd like to connect the HDPVR to one of
>> them, have the two set up as a group so that channels that I get over
>> firewire will capture that way and capture the channels that won't
>> with the HDPVR. I haven't tried to set this up yet, but I did a quick
>> search on the Wiki and on this list and haven't seen much along the
>> way of if others have done this and their experience with it.
>> Does anyone have a firewire + HDPVR setup for their backend? Any
>> advice or is it just as easy as placing them in the same group? My
>> hope is to use firewire to change the channel even when it will be
>> recording via the HDPVR (minus any priming requirements).
>> thanks!
> I use the 6200 and HDPVR as well.
> I use the 6200HD via component though, and change channels via firewire.
> This way, I get no really quality loss, easy channel change, and it just
> works.

yea, that's the backup plan, just record everything through the HDPVR.
I like the idea of firewire though since a lot of the channels I get
are 1080i and from what I've read the HDPVR pretty much only works
when recording 720p.

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -