[mythtv-users] Revert back DB from Trunk to stable? Not looking good

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 12 17:21:34 UTC 2010

  On 10/12/2010 12:52 PM, Thomas Mashos wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Mark Hutchinson wrote:
>> I have searched a read a fair bit on this, and it is not looking easy for
>> straight forward to do.  But worth a question.
>>
>> I have upgraded to trunk, but wish to revert back to 23 fixes on a new
>> machine.
>> If I export the DB and import to 23 will it work?
>>
>> Thoughts or experiences?
> It will if you exported the DB when you were on 0.23. If you export a 0.24
> db you cannot import it to a previous version and have things work right

Note, also, that unless you explicitly told MythTV not to, it created a
database backup when it upgraded your 0.23 database to trunk's version.
The automatic backup would have been placed into a directory in your DB
Backups storage group (if you've defined one), or--more likely--in one
of the directories in your Default storage group (i.e. your recordings
directories).

So, just find that backup and restore it (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Replacing_an_existing_database
), and you're good to go.

Mike