[mythtv-users] Xvideo Adapter

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Oct 11 16:42:05 UTC 2010

On Monday, October 11, 2010 10:27:20 am Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 10/11/2010 11:54, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
> > Is there a way to tell the mythfrontend which Xvideo Adapter to use
> > when the X server supports multiple ones.
> >
> > I know that I can I adjust which is first with xorg.conf, but would
> > prefer to be able to select at the application level.
>
> Are you saying you have multiple video cards, and you want to make sure
> mythfrontend is displayed on the correct one?  What exactly do you mean
> when you say you have multiple Xvideo adapters?

He may mean multiple X screens. You can have multiple screens with a single video card (or even no card at all), some
"real" and some virtual. VNC, for example, will create a virtual "screen" that's different from the main (usually ":0")
screen.

The recent thread here about VNC mentioned X11VNC, which exports the main screen, instead of creating a new one, as most
VNC servers do.

Usually an application will display on the screen connected to the X session it was started from. I think the OP wants a
way to specify, on a per application basis, which X screen the app will display on.