[mythtv-users] Logitech Harmony Remote info required

David Lasker dave at altosdesign.com
Mon Oct 11 16:17:35 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Mike Perkins <mikep [at] randomtraveller>
wrote:
> So, first question. What exactly is the difference between a 600 and a
650?

Take a look at
http://blog.logitech.com/2010/03/02/new-harmony-600-and-harmony-650-remotes-
debut/
which says:

"With the Harmony 600 Remote, you'll see the commands you need for the
devices you're using on the black & white screen while the Harmony 650
Remote features a color screen and lets you see icons for your favorite
channels as well as the commands you need for the devices you're using."

I control my MythTV system with a Harmony 550 (programmed to be a Hauppauge
PVR-350 remote), and Hauppauge HVR-1600's integrated IR receiver, and it
works great!

All Harmony models have similar user interface, and are programmed in the
same way. The differences are in the number of supported devices, use of
color and icons, placement and number of buttons, and other cosmetic stuff.

Hope that helps...

Dave