[mythtv-users] Logitech Harmony Remote info required

MS ms2 at hipcat2.plus.com
Mon Oct 11 13:05:42 UTC 2010

On 11/10/10 13:21, David Whyte wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Mike Perkins
> <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>  wrote:
>>
>> Secondly, I do not currently possess a computer with either Windows or Mac
>> software. Is there a solution available for programming such remotes using
>> Linux? If not, is there a work-around?
>>

> Hi Mike,
>
> I used congruity and concord to program my remote yesterday (old 520
> model), which was quite easy.  Both these packages are in the Ubuntu
> repos for 10.04 and previous.  Just check for supported hardware at
> their website before trusting me :)
> http://phildev.net/concordance/supported_models.shtml
>
> You just install the congruity package, which sucks in the concord
> dependency, program your remote at
> http://members.harmonyremote.com/EasyZapper/UserHome.asp and then you
> will be prompted to download the programmed data file to your remote,
> which you just open with /usr/bin/congruity from within firefox.
>
> HTH's,
> Whytey

I have been struggling to program a Harmony 650 with Wine.  The process
is quite painless up to the point where one downloads the configuration
file to the remote control.  That simply doesn't work because, I
believe, the Wine software doesn't like USB.

I did complete the basic set-up via Windoze in an Internet cafe
(remarkably they allow USB connections since they blow away all the
viruses etc by reloading their machines daily) but one does need to be
able to tweek the config as and when one feels the urge.

The other aspect I am unhappy about is that one's configuration files
are stored on line by Logitech, I would much prefer to have them held
locally.

HTH