[mythtv-users] ThreadPool:HTTP: thread pool exhausted (max 5 threads)

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 08:37:20 UTC 2010

Hi all,
I seem to have just started to get this entry in my backend logs ...

     2010-10-11 08:41:47.429 ThreadPool:HTTP: thread pool exhausted (max 5
threads)

It occurs whenever I run MythWeb and select the 'Recorded Programmes' page.

I have done some searching and found out how to change the default setting
from 5 to 10 :

{{{
mysql> INSERT INTO settings (value, data, hostname)
VALUES ('ThreadPool/HTTP/Max', '10', NULL);
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
mysql> quit
}}}

So far this seems to have fixed the problem for me, but I'm posting here in
case others are seeing this and there may be a need to increase the default.

My backend details:

MythTV Version   : 26731
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Network Protocol : 63