[mythtv-users] gt220 and 0.24

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 01:05:13 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 6:52 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 11 October 2010 07:09, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Did I miss a setting somewhere, or is there code that used to level
>> that is gone now?
>
> myth doesn't do any level itself unless you use software volume control..
>
> Disable volume control if it is enabled and see how you go..
>
> If you are using digital audio, this is something that has been
> commented on a few times that various channels have serious
> discrepancies when it comes to audio level.
>
> Audio channel levelling is something I plan to work on in the next
> release of mythtv.
>
> JY

Unfortunately, the TV I am using to test .24 on is just that - a TV..
No digital (other than pcm) involved..  I have tried with and without
pcm checked in the new audio screen.  Same results.

These cards do have 4 different digital switches though.  I guess I'll
try all of them and see if they behave differently.  I have not tried
with the mythtv mixer enabled yet - I'll give that a go too.

Thanks!