[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 10.10 lost LIRC support

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 10 20:37:29 UTC 2010

  On 10/10/2010 4:07 PM, Dave M G wrote:
>  MythTV,
>
> I just upgraded to Mythbuntu 10.10, and while most things seem to be
> working fine, my Hauppauge PVR-150 remote control no longer seems to
> be working.
>
> So far as I can tell, all the drivers and configuration files that I
> had before the upgrade are still in place.
>
> $ sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart
> [sudo] password for media:
>  * Stopping remote control daemon(s):
> LIRC                               [ OK ]
> modules                                                  [ OK ]
>  * Starting remote control daemon(s) :
> LIRC                              [ OK ]
>
> However, when I have MythTV front end up and running, it simply
> doesn't respond at all.
>
> Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot and repair this problem?
>
> Any advice would be much appreciated.

If your remote is serial, make sure that you have /etc/serial.conf and
that it has:

/dev/ttyS0 uart none

in it.  I had a similar problem a few weeks ago
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/453031?search_string=mythbuntu%20lirc;#453031)
when I upgraded to Mythbuntu 10.10.  I have an IR receiver from
irblaster.info and its a serial device on COM1.  I've also had issues in
the past with the include statement in the /etc/lircmd.conf file.  I
needs to have double quotes around the path and file following the
include statement.

Hope this helps!
Harry