[mythtv-users] N220GT nVidia Drivers

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 17:48:57 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Sunday, October 10, 2010 11:27:55 am Greg Oliver wrote:
>
>> It is vga -> vga/composite/s-video..  No HD conversion..  I bought it
>> on ebay and just got it yesterday.  Works good with a revo 1600 going
>> into her 4:3 sony though.. As good as anything Im willing to invest in
>> for an old tv anyway..  You'd have to be pretty dumb to buy an
>> expensive convertor for an old crt...  Unless you have one of those
>> 52" mammoths you just cannot break free from  :)  Time for a natural
>> disaster in your homes  :)
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/PC-VGA-To-TV-Converter-Switch-Box-S-Video-Adaptor-s088_
>> W0QQitemZ200469378586QQcategoryZ41999QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m506QQ_t
>> rkparmsZalgo%3DNGRI%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D13043680
>> 2327%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5083806794945299302#ht_2151wt_907
>

> Thanks, might be a reasonable cost alternative for using old TV sets. As you say, it's not worth putting much into
> anything related to antique CRT sets.
>
> Many people have a modern set in the LR, but still have old units in the BR, Kitchen or basement.
>
> I have an older SD projector, I figure to keep using it until the lamp quits, not worth re-lamping IMHO.

Yep, my sis has the old mammoth 52 in her bedroom, so I can see it
hard to part with when a like size replacement is quite expensive for
her..  But when <32" widescreens are almost as cheap as a *quality*
convertor, a replacement is definitely in order there..

Hell, I still have an original (first year) mits 73" hdtv rp that only
has analog and a single component input..  My scaler/doubler/switcher
went out a while back, but since only the youngsters use it for video
games, it works for it's purpose.   Movies really look like crap
though (worse than SD sets)..  I'm with you - I hope the tubes go out
soon so I can toss it and noone cries  :)