[mythtv-users] HDPVR suppoprted in CENTOS Kernel?

Jelte Veldstra jelte.veldstra at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 15:34:53 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> On 10/8/2010 9:32 AM, Mark wrote:
>
>> I am installing a new system and trying to decide between F13 and CENTOS
>> 5.5.
>> Does anyone know if the default kernel in CENTOS 5.5 has the HDPVR support
>> as
>> Fedora 13 does?
>>
>> Anyone care to give opinions or experience on F13 VS CENTOS?
>>

> For CentOS, I have to install the Video4Linux kernel modules from ATrpms in
> order to get HD-PVR support.
>
> Other than the current recording instability problem I just discovered with
> 23.1 (and which doesn't seem to be specific to the HD-PRV), it's worked
> great for me.
>
> Kirk Bocek

Alternatively you can also use the centos.plus kernel to get support for
tuner cards and other "multimedia" devices.

Here's info how to get started with Centos Plus:
http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CentOSPlus

I only use that repo for the kernel packages using the exclude and include
options described in that same link.